Thursday, March 22, 2012

{Encouragement}




Wow! I do not know what it is about this week, but I have been in a huge rut.  Life seems to be going in slow motion, yet I still find myself to be a step behind.  It is times like these when encouragement is so important.  Encouragement can be found in the most unexpected places.  For me, I love inspiring quotes.  For example, today I woke up at 7:50 when I am suppose to be at work at 8.  Miraculously I walked into the office at 8:05, but was merely going through the motions all morning. While trying to finish up a couple of projects, I stumbled across the quotes above.  Immediately I felt encouraged and inspired.  Wow, God shows up at precisely the right times!

The next few weeks are going to be absolutely crazy.  Between working my full time job, taking the GMAT (19 days away) and beginning to train for my first triathlon, it is safe to say that I am the busiest I have been since my college days.  And while I spent my entire college career with a packed schedule, I have gotten quite used to getting off work at 5 and relaxing.  

I am so thankful for all of the encouragement in my life.  I look first and foremost to my creator.  When I find myself stressed or discouraged, I remember that the Lord will never put me in a situation that I am unable to overcome.  And. That. Is. Awesome.  


On a lighter note, tomorrow my Bears play for a chance to go to the Elite 8!  Oh, how I wish I was in Atlanta this weekend.  But I have to save my time and $$$ for New Orleans and the FINAL FOUR! I am completely confident that Baylor can make it there.  We just have to play like a team and not get discouraged (I say WE as if I am part of the team).  Baylor is one of the most talented teams in college basketball, but sometimes I am not quite sure that they realize their true potential, or maybe they have just been saving the real show for when it matters most! I wonder if Brady Heslip can beat the 9 three pointers he made last game.. That would be quite the show.

Alright, that's all for now.  Thank you for listening this dramatic post of mine and be looking for some exciting new things that are developing in my life! Despite having a rough week, there is still so much to look forward to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment