Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Before 30

I am sure most of you have heard of "30 Before 30" lists.  Well why stop at 30?  I have so much more that I want to accomplish and to limit myself to a list of 30 is just silly.  I would like to introduce you to my "40 Before 30" List (the ones crossed off are the ones I have already completed): 

  1. Read the Bible cover to cover
  2. Attend a Duke vs. North Carolina basketball game at Cameron Indoor Stadium
  3. Take a picture at the top of the Swiss Alps (picture below)
  4. Read the entire Harry Potter series
  5. Start a family
  6. Go back to Italy
  7. Attend a Jay Z concert
  8. Go gator hunting in Louisiana 
  9. Get my concealed handgun license
  10. Learn to surf
  11. Get my MBA
  12. Complete a triathlon
  13. Learn to snowboard (picture below)
  14. Learn to box
  15. Lead someone to the Lord
  16. skydive
  17. Watch a cirque de solei show in Vegas
  18. Move out of Waco
  19. Go on a mission trip
  20. Complete a half-marathon
  21. Take pole dancing lessons (thanks to Keely Foster's bachellorette party)
  22. Learn to play guitar
  23. Become a graphic design guru 
  24. Customize my blog
  25. Make a donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
  26. Go to tea at the Ritz (I'm currently trying to find my picture from this moment)
  27. Take an adult ballet class
  28. Pay for someone's meal behind me in the drive thru
  29. Attend Tomorrowland in Belgium
  30. Become a Big Sis in the Big Brother/Big Sister Program
  31. Be in better shape than I was in high school
  32. Own a puppy (King Charles Spaniel to be exact)
  33. Be able to splurge on something nice for my parents 
  34. Go skinny dipping
  35. Get a tattoo
  36. Run 1000 miles
  37.  Own my own home
  38.  Play each golf course on the British Open rotation (I can mark St. Andrews off the list already)
  39. Conquer a fear
  40. Live without regret
John 10:10 says: 
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.  I came that they may have life and live it abundantly."  

This verse has always been one of my favorites, but has really caught my attention the past few months.  There are times where I catch myself becoming idle and complacent with where my life is at the moment.  But in reality, I am light years away from fulfilling the dream that the Lord has for me and while I may not know what my final mission is yet, I know that I am called to always live life abundantly. 

I do not believe in regrets.  Every moment and event in my life has helped shape and mold me into the person I am today.  Regret is merely a setback and life is too short for setbacks :)

I am excited to be able to update you on my "40 Before 30" progress! Below are a couple of pictures from a few of the items I have marked off my list already. 

During a summer trip to Europe with the Baylor in great Britain program, my family and I were fortunate enough to visit the top of the Swiss Alps!! It was one of the most breathtaking sights I have ever seen.  God is so good!!
Alex Benda (who is now a very successful marine) taught me to snowboard over Christmas Break of our senior year! She forced me to face a personal fear and for that I am thankful!
Last spring break I went to Las Vegas with three of my best friends.  I don't have a picture of us at the Cirque de Solei show we went to, but I figured I would put up a picture just to prove that we were actually in Vegas. 


xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment: