Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Like Who I'm Becoming

I cannot believe it has already been eight months since I walked across the stage at my graduation from Baylor University.  And what a crazy eight months it has been! Come to think of it, crazy might be an understatement.  I have learned more about myself since graduating than in all four of my undergraduate years combined.  I have faced fears, formed friendships with unexpected people and realized that life is not going to be perfect. 

So why start a blog now? And what direction am I planning on steering this blog? Those are two very interesting questions.  I have been telling myself since the summer before my senior year that I wanted to start blogging.  I majored in journalism during undergrad and LOVE writing.  Blogging will serve as a way for me to write down my thoughts on a number of different topics.  Therefore, I do not plan on having a "specific direction."  I want to be able to share my thoughts with you and I am excited about being able to look back on past entries and see how I grow as a person!

"The Optimist" seemed like the only way to describe my outlook on life at the moment.  I spent a lot of time looking at what was not going right in my life; rather, what was not going MY way.  One day it hit me:  I will never accomplish the plan the Lord has for me if I keep focusing on the plan I have for myself.  I know you have heard this a million times, but it is 100% true.  I am blessed, period.

Let's catch up on the last few months.. through pictures!

I'm a Graduate... WHAT!

Kylie Gets Married! 

I have the greatest friends.

Robert Griffin III Brings the Heisman to Waco! 

The Bears are Victorious at the Alamo Bowl! 

My last Chi Omega Formal

 Allison Gets Married!

xoxo,
AND

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Let's be blog friends. Excited to read your shared thoughts!

    I know exactly what you mean... I've learned alot about myself post-grad too, definitely more than I ever did during undergrad. I'll often look around and think "is this really happening?" - and here we are! Doing life! It's crazy.

    Love you maam!

    ReplyDelete